Wednesday 8 April 2015

The benefits of homeschooling for Muslims

"The best gift from a father to his child is the gift of education and upbringing"
Hadith of At-Tirmidhi on the authority of Sa'id Ibn Al-'as.



        

I have just started homeschooling my eldest child who has just turned 5 years old. I NEVER thought I would homeschool. It had never even occurred to me that homeschooling might be best for my kids. I grew up a Catholic and went to Catholic schools. I became Muslim when I was 19 years old, Alhamdulillah, and gave birth to my first child at the age of 22, but still I didn't think about homeschooling. I had a few friends who were considering it but I never really bothered to ask them their thoughts on the subject. I always thought I would send my children to school.

But a change of circumstances forced me to think about homeschooling and I haven't looked back since. Click on the link below to read my guest post about 'the benefits of homeschooling for Muslims' over on Muslim Mummies blog.

http://www.muslimmummies.com/2015/04/the-benefits-of-homeschooling-for-muslims/

Can you think of any other benefits?

         
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig