Friday 27 February 2015

Finding pictures in the clouds


      

It may be the end of February and still windy and cold, but the sun was shining brightly and looked so inviting I could hardly resist getting out to soak up some rays. We don't get that much sun here so when it comes out you really have to make the most of it. There's something about the sunshine that puts a smile on my face and leaves me feeling good.

The children, of course, could not wait to get outside. They love to run around and burn up some energy. We have a trampoline in the garden so they headed straight for it and began to jump around. As they bounced, I could hear the laughter and see the happiness in their faces.This added to my own happiness as I sat on the bench watching them play. They do play so nicely together and it's a joy to see.

         

After a while, D lay down for a rest. It was then she spotted the clouds. She began to take an interest in them and started to look for shapes and pictures in them.

         

Here she is pointing them out to me.

         

'I can see sweetcorn!' she suddenly exclaimed. I walked towards her wondering what she was talking about. 'Look there...sweetcorn'. Then I realised she was talking about the clouds. I'm not sure how sweetcorn-like this is to be honest, but she could see it. That's imagination for you!

                   

Next, she found a snowman!

         

And a sword.

         

R pointed this one out to me, 'It's a banana!' he told me, excited to be joining in with what his older sister was doing. He loves to copy D, he copies EVERYTHING she does and even what she says. She is, most definitely, his role model.

       

This one is a knife.

        

R returned to his jumping.

        

I managed to get this great shot of him with his legs high in the air!

        

Here they are relaxing.

        

Then, I had an idea. I asked D if she would like to draw the clouds she saw. She agreed so I brought out some paper and colouring pencils and crayons and she sat happily on the bench and began to draw.

        

This is what she was drawing.

        

Can you see the resemblance? Her first still life picture, outdoors looking at the scenery. We have done some still life drawings before of objects but this is the first time we have tried it outside. A bit more difficult as the clouds are constantly moving!

        

Then D couldn't resist drawing another picture using her favourite colour; pink.

        

Next, she drew a princess, complete with added mud (it had been dropped and trodden on), we were outside after all!. She loves to draw people. On the left, she drew some sound waves! Yes, she is still fascinated with sound waves since we learnt about them recently when we were exploring the senses! It's amazing what children remember! 

       

R decided to have a go too. 

        

This is what he drew. It started off as the green grass in the middle and then he added all the colours which he tells me is a multicoloured sky!


Follow me on Bloglovin'    Twitter       Facebook



What's Your Weekend?


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Great photos and a great fun game to keep the kids entertained! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely idea and that trampoline looks like lots of fun too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) the kids could spend all day on the trampoline. They love it!

      Delete
  3. cute post, such a lovely idea for the little ones!
    www.mybubbaandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and fantastic game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sort of child led entertainment, perfect to carry the cloud looking through to the drawing too. I always think it is the sign of a creative mind when they can see shapes in something unrelated like that. One of mine would always point out shapes in the clouds too. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) yes definitely a sign of creativity I think. I love child led entertainment too :)

      Delete
  6. Fab photos. I used to spend hours lying on the grass watching the clouds as a child and working out what they all were. Just wish I'd had a trampoline ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do this as child. It's a great way to keep the kids entertained x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww great game - I think i will play this with my two monkeys. looks fun! Thanks for linking up #WhatsYourWeekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's great to join in the linky :) I think your 2 monkeys will love it!

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love looking into the sky finding shapes/animals in the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking for shapes in the clouds - it's great for passing time during car journeys. You can let your imagination run wild. Lovely post #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) great idea for playing this game on car journeys. Will try this next time we go on a long journey.

      Delete
  11. Great post and beautiful pictures :) You're little ones are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still love cloud gazing and loved spotting pictures in them as a child. What a great idea to try and draw them! Will have to get my eldest daughter trying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes try it, it kept my daughter entertained for ages! :)

      Delete

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig